Course and category management problem

Course and category management problem

by Urban Krzan -
Number of replies: 6

In  "manage courses and category" I have problem with this exception (moodle 3.10):

Exception - Argument 1 passed to theme_boost\output\core_course\management\renderer::category_listing() must be an instance of coursecat or null, instance of core_course_category given, called in [dirroot]/course/management.php on line 501

Now I can't manage courses and category. I dont know there is a problem? May be any help?  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Urban Krzan

Re: Course and category management problem

by Renaat Debleu -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
In Moodle 3.10 coursecat was removed (see Docs).  From 3.6 on you were warned that this would happen.  So you are working with an old plugin that is not 3.10 compatible.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Renaat Debleu

Odg: Re: Course and category management problem

by Urban Krzan -
And how can I solve this problem?
In reply to Urban Krzan

Re: Odg: Re: Course and category management problem

by Renaat Debleu -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Enable debugging and start digging in the logs. Because this problem pops out in the course and category management page, I would start searching in the course formats.

In reply to Urban Krzan

by Milroy Withana -

Hello Urban,

Have you managed to sort above error message? I am now going through this.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,

In reply to Milroy Withana

by Josep M. Torra Colom -

Hola.

Quisiera conocer como solucionar este problema al actualizar a Moodle 3.11.3.

Muchas gracias por su ayuda.

In reply to Urban Krzan

Ri: Course and category management problem

by Lina Barone -

Hi. 

Error: 

Eccezione - Argument 1 passed to theme_boost\output\core_course\management\renderer::category_listing() must be an instance of coursecat or null, instance of core_course_category given, called in [dirroot]/course/management.php on line 501

Ho eliminato la cache, ma il problema non si rislve. Qualcuno sa aiutarmi?

Grazie