Is it possible to upgrade from 3.8 to 3.10 directly?

Is it possible to upgrade from 3.8 to 3.10 directly?

by leili mei -
Number of replies: 5

Hi.

We have a Moodle site with version Moodle 3.8.3+ (Build: 20200522).  We want to upgrade it to 3.10, latest version.  Is it possible to directly upgrade the site without having to pass through 3.9? 

Any advise would be of great help.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to leili mei

Re: Is it possible to upgrade from 3.8 to 3.10 directly?

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Visit Site administration > Server > Environment. Select 3.10 upwards from the drop down Moodle version at the top.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Does 3.8.3 contain the 3.10 environment information? It dates back to May.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Oh! I checked a Moodle 3.8.4. It has an option 3.9 upwards, which shows MariaDB 10.2.29 and PHP 7.2 as minimum, which happen to be true. You are right, there is always risk. My point was that not only the prev. Moodle release is not the only condition but the DB and PHP versions needed to be checked.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Very good point.

I forget about the Environment check. If it does indeed have the info for your target version it makes life a lot easier.