A new "Large scale Moodle deployment" support group

Re: A new "Large scale Moodle deployment" support group

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I completely agree that splitting a potential community into fragments can make it stale. I also experience it so many times in the past, and it was a big concern for us.

Each medium has its group of people that are used to it and find the benefit of using it. it has a lot to the way different people organize information cognitively, and the frequency of communication needed.
I am involved with many Moodle projects and each one has different kind of people that uses mediums like: Facebook, Google discussion forms, Slack, Telegram, Whatsapp, internal project Moodle forums, other specific discussion oriented communication channels.
I personally feel comfortable using several mediums, with their advantages and dis-advantages. so I guess I can (and probably others too) be connectors and equalizers of information between those mediums, as I imagine certain people will continue to use the medium they prefer and it will be hard to make them migrate.

It was actually inspired by looking at the way the Moodle developer chat in Telegram is active, and we were aiming for a similar shared information support group experience.

Also, a lot of what we are dealing with is not related to "Hardware and Performance" but to wider end to end project management of large scale Moodle systems, out side of the Moodle itself. to the entire project environment that support it. discussion that is not really limited the technology side of Moodle. which felt weird to be discussed in a Moodle forum. (or maybe I am wrong? not sure)

Anyways, as I wrote in the initial post, we will be putting all the accumulated discussed knowledge in the main Moodle wiki.

Hope this make some sense of the decision.
Average of ratings: Useful (5)