Paypal plugin integration not working (no logo/payment link)

Paypal plugin integration not working (no logo/payment link)

by David Bracey -
Number of replies: 6

I enabled the PayPal plugin in Moodle, set the Paypal encoding to UTF-8,  enabled instant payment notifications (IPN), and set the notification URL to  the correct enrol/paypal/ipn.php address but when I go to the course page, it says:

This course requires a payment for entry.

Cost: USD 10.00

However, there is no PayPal logo or link to pay.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Bracey

Re: Paypal plugin integration not working (no logo/payment link)

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi David,

Please check that you have followed all the steps in the documentation PayPal enrolment.

In reply to David Bracey

by Renaat Debleu -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Check your dates! What is the course start or end date? What is the PayPal start or end date?

The enrolment method works (you see a payment requirement), but the payment method is not yet or no more available.
In reply to Renaat Debleu

by David Bracey -

Thank you for this suggestion. The course start date was January 20, 2020 with no end date (anyone can start and finish at any time). The PayPal enroll plugin date was set for Nov. 13, 2020. I tried changing the Paypall enroll plugin date to January 20, 2020 and I tried setting it with no start/end date but unfortunately, there is still no change.

In reply to David Bracey

by Renaat Debleu -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
How are you logged in? What is your role? And which other enrolment methods are enabled?

A common mistake is that people disable guest enrolment but forget to unenrol the guest user from a course that requires payment.
In reply to Renaat Debleu

by David Bracey -
I am the site administrator. The enabled enrollment methods are:

Manual enrolments
Self enrolment (Student)
Paypal Level 1

Guest enrolment is not enabled.
In reply to David Bracey

by Renaat Debleu -
Moodle hides the PayPal button when:
  • the user is already enrolled (we do not want that a user has to pay for a course each time he visits the course)
  • the user is a guest user (we need to know who wants to pay)
  • the cost is 0 (no use to pay 0 $)
So some questions remain: Which Moodle version are you using (3.10 use payment gateways)? Is the administrator enrolled in the course? Is the guest user enrolled in the course?

Did you try to reproduce this behaviour when logged in as a student/teacher who is not enrolled in this course?