Moodle Customization

Moodle Customization

by Saj rc -
Number of replies: 3

I would like to know if moodle can be customized to look and feel just like the following learning websites:

splashlearn, 

mathwhizz and buzzmaths.

Or is it something that needs to be developed from ground up?

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Saj rc

Ang: Moodle Customization

by Preben Pedersen -
Have a look at Themes for Moodle, and see if something meets your requirements: https://moodle.org/plugins/?q=type:theme

I'm not familiar with those three examples you posted, so you are probably better off evaluating them yourselves.

It is also possible to buy premium themes for Moodle, you can find those various places.

If no available themes meets your requirements, then yes, it would have to be developed from the ground up.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Preben Pedersen

Re: Ang: Moodle Customization

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hmmm, can an Audi look like a Chevy?

Preben has given you some good advice. But my question above is meant to point out that all products, including Learning Management Systems, take on their own look and feel. If you want an Audi, don't buy a Chevy. (Of course, Moodle is free.)

Having said this, I do want to emphasize what Preben has advised. Moodle can take on many different looks. In my own case, I use the base "boost" theme and modify its appearance by adding CSS, something that anyone with some CSS knowledge can do. And yes, you can install one of many third-party themes to make your Moodle look different. There are free and paid-for themes. And, if you prefer, you can have someone develop your own custom theme. So with Moodle, you have a lot of flexibility.
In reply to Saj rc

Re: Moodle Customization

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Of course, in fact even better (depending upon how much you're willing to spend), as there are Paid themes (check envato market) as well as free themes here that match the looks of the sites you mentioned, further depends upon your skills in CSS and JS.