Installing Moodle in macOS Big Sur

Installing Moodle in macOS Big Sur

by Piyush Kapoor -
Number of replies: 4

Hello, I was installing Moodle on my MacBook Pro which is on macOS Big Sur and I got this error, “mysqld” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

Can someone help me in the installation?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Piyush Kapoor

Re: Installing Moodle in macOS Big Sur

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

please see:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/open-a-mac-app-from-an-unidentified-developer-mh40616/mac

You will probably have to do the same process for other files/etc in the MAMP package.

Unless the makers of MAMP register their app with Apple, this will be a continuing issue.

Might be easier to lease a small server - Linux based - to do dev/testing on.   Or, if you already have a moodle server, another instance by different domain name is doable ... in most cases.  The latter might be best in that one is using the same environment.

My 2 'sense' .. nope, spelled it right! smile

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Ken Task

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Ken

After a short encounter with Mac SE and leaving when Mac II arrived - too expensive - never entered their world again. So I am completely alien. Only notice the headlines now and then; currently on their latest OS release. Not all are flattering, I must say:
- https://apple.slashdot.org/story/20/11/13/1726224/your-computer-isnt-yours
- https://apple.slashdot.org/story/20/11/17/0017213/mac-certificate-check-stokes-fear-that-apple-logs-every-app-you-run

BTW, why are we in the General developer forum? isn't this an installation problem?
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

The OP posted here in Developer.

You seem to be the only person who can suggest a posting be moved to another (more appropriate forum)

When it comes to the problem ... I attempted to answer and help the OP.

Your preference (slashdot articles or not) is your preference.  Not everyone's.

I'd like to point out that M$ a few years ago tried to force and did force all OEM's to install a chip that blocked the owner from wiping out Windoz to install Linux.

Linux is also not trouble free ... a couple of years ago all Linuxes on Intel Chips suffered from Spectra or Meltdown.

Soooo .... ALL ... ALL have issue from time to time ... one size doesn't fit all ... never has ... never will.

My humble opinion ... and 2 cents worth!

Outta here!

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Re: ALL have issues from time to time [OT]

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Hi Ken

> ALL have issue from time to time ...

Very true. The global IT in general have issues - and you and me in particular!
LOL

Now seriously: I had a SCNR moment seeting somebody is struggling with something which has issues. (Breaking news, Batterygate and $113 Million.) Bad idea. None is his fault.

The second mistake was to talk to you about it, not to the OP. Honestly, by that I did not mean to say it is your fault nor that there are no other faults. If you got that impression, I am very sorry.