Turn editing on button disappeared in v.3.9.2

Turn editing on button disappeared in v.3.9.2

by Pat Collins -
Number of replies: 6

After updating my site to 3.0.2 the Turn editing on button has completely disappeared. Can't find any help text describing what I need to do. Worried that it may have been corrupted, I updated another instance and the same thing. Edit settings doesn't do it. Tried everything I can think of. HELP!!!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pat Collins

Re: Turn editing on button disappeared in v.3.9.2

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Pat,

You should find the 'Turn editing on' button near the actions menu gear icon.

From your screenshot it looks like you are using a custom theme. How about checking whether it has been updated to 3.9? You can try switching to a standard theme (Boost or Classic) to see the button.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Pat Collins -
We're using Adaptable, one of the options offered. No customization of that other than the colors. We're a small school, getting ready to start registrations for the next term. Concerned about playing around with the theme at this point. I'll check to see if there is an update to the theme. Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.
In reply to Pat Collins

by Christine Jones -

I'm also using Adaptable (upgraded to 2.4.1), when I upgraded to Moodle 3.10.1+ the 'Turn editing on' button didn't display.

I went to: 

and changed this from the default:

The  'Turn editing on' button now displays

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Pat Collins

by Mark Sharp -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Which theme are you using? With Boost 3.9 there is a button which appears below the cog, and the menu item is removed.

Other themes might not implement the button, but if they're a child theme of Boost, the menu item might still be removed.
In reply to Mark Sharp

by Pat Collins -

Thanks for getting back to me. We are using Adaptable. Does this mean we are dead in the water? We are a small school, getting ready for the next term. We can't be playing around with the theme right now.