Randomize questions that already exist ❓

Randomize questions that already exist ❓

by Luc A -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, We do have a set of 68 questions in our quiz. (from 4 categories)

I would like that the exam will consist of 20 questions randomized out of these 68 questions.

I don't see the option to change an existing  question to make it a random question.
I do see the option to create a NEW question from the Random type. In that case a new question is being made and the Dice icon appears meaning it is a random question.

Is there a way to randomize the existing 68 questions that we already have available?

Cheers,
Luc

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luc A

Re: Randomize questions that already exist ❓

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes. Building_Quiz

(If I could work out why people can't work this out for themselves, I would try to do something about it.)
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Luc A

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello Luc,

Edit your quiz, remove the 68 questions, add a new random question with questions pulled from the desired categories. Follow the instructions given in the link referenced by Tim.

Cheers!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Luc A -
Thank you Dominique and Tim for your swift replies! Much appreciated!

Unfortunately I have to remove the 68 questions etc. There is no quick way to assign the Random property to existing questions> Maybe a nice to have for the future. I will stick with your advice in this case wink Thanks!
In reply to Luc A

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Removing the 68 questions and then re-adding them as randomly selected questions should take under a minute to do. This is pretty quick.

Quite honestly, I cannot think through the logic of how one would make a specifically selected quiz question become random. But maybe you can.