Moodle Cloud / remove unused files

Re: Moodle Cloud / remove unused files

by Sylvia B. Hayes -
Number of replies: 5
I am having the same issue. I cannot find the video files I have deleted, but they are still showing up in my storage???
In reply to Sylvia B. Hayes

by david mueller -
Any luck, Sylvia? We are stuck on this same problem. Hoping you may have found a solution. Thanks.
In reply to david mueller

by Zuriñe Echaniz -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team
Hi David,

Did you manage to delete the files? If not, could you please raise a ticket with our support so we can help you with further instructions?

Please check our solution article on how to open a ticket from your MoodleCloud portal for faster support: Contact MoodleCloud Support.

Regards,
Zuriñe
In reply to Zuriñe Echaniz

by david mueller -
Thank you, Zuriñe. We have not been able to delete files. The files are not related to student assignments. The files are not in use. I did notice that many files seem to have the same name, which might be part of the problem. We don’t see an option to delete or rename.

Coincidentally, we opened a ticket yesterday (#136984) but unfortunately we received a reply that included similar advice as listed above, which isn’t working, so we are still stuck.  I will reply to the ticket with an update. 

Thank you for checking in with us.
David
In reply to david mueller

by Davin Scampton -

Thank you to all the people asking this question. I have come across the same issue - was experimenting with a video and added it as an embedded file (something I tell all my staff not to do). Now I have a large file that I cannot get rid off.

Site Admin => Server => Files => but the only action is 'View in context'

Unsure of the next move in this case

Davin

In reply to Davin Scampton

by Barbara van Dongen -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team
  • When creating Resources in Moodle/MoodleCloud, images and other files can be embedded for participants/students to use. 
  • Files for Resources are stored with the Resource. If you delete the entire Resource, your MoodleCloud site's cron should delete all associated files, as long as they are not being used elsewhere on your site.
  • When updating Resources, selecting and deleting the image or file from the contents does not necessarily delete the file from the Resource.
  • To see what files are associated with a Resource, but not used by it:
    • Edit the Resource (Label/Book/Page/etc)
    • Click on the 'Manage files' icon in the Content editor

• This will open the 'Manage files' pop-up:
    • Here you can view (and manage) all files associated with the Resource. 
    • The 'Unused files' section identifies files that are still stored but unused.
    • Select any you wish to delete and 'Delete selected files'.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)