Grade for Book activity

Re: Grade for Book activity

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
That's the direction I suspected you were going. You could always try the Games route, Book with Questions. It is a plugin that has a bunch of rather cool little games that link into quiz, glossary and Book. Using Book with questions you might be able to hide the book (available, not visible) and use the game where each question covers a section. Then you can prove they at least viewed every page if you have a question on every page...that might be a lot though. 

Maybe that's just me, when I create books...well, they're BOOKS. Like Gone with the Wind size books (>1000 pages). Gone with the Wind is shorter than some of my books, to be honest.

But I agree with @Shirley...require view. I think maybe book can require view of all pages? But that still doesn't indicate they read it. Maybe add a compulsory "I agree that I read this information in its totality and I will..." statement they have to accept to get credit for completion. My old employer had an IT Security course for years that did that--there were three policies and they had to agree to follow the policies and acknowledge their responsibilities before they got credit. If they didn't get credit, they could lose their network access and be fired. A couple people tried the "I don't agree" option and...well, it didn't go so well for them. 
Average of ratings: Useful (1)