Question types: Drag and drop markers

Question types: Drag and drop markers

by Davin Scampton -
Number of replies: 6

Hiya-Have staff asking if it is possible to have the drop zones available to students - as in you/they can see the outline/they are slightly transparent or something similar. I get that it may be correct for some to be able to drop the text anywhere, but it would be nice to have the option to have the drop zones visible or not. Is this a possibility?

Using 3.8

Descriptive image showing how drop zones do not show

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Davin Scampton

Re: Question types: Drag and drop markers

by Davin Scampton -
Upon further discussion - and I believe that I may have missed what was being explained to me - the text is not working. So having text appearing in the drop zones so it is more easily visible. This may be a bug? Needs a fix? Are we operating under a wrong assumption?
In reply to Davin Scampton

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The text is working as intended. However, seemingly very few people konw what the intention is. (For instance, the example at https://qa.moodledemo.net/mod/quiz/view.php?id=31 gets it wrong.)

The puprose of the text is to add a label to the drop zone for screen reader users, to help make this question type more accessible. It is not supposed to be visible.
Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Bassam Bokhowa -

Thank you, that definitely clarifies things.

The drop zones are visible but as they are semi-transparent and have no text within them, when they are rendered on a white background visibility drops quite a lot, see https://drive.google.com/file/d/10-2X-gY5BIBwiKfhhFZcInCVIT-vVH4e/view?usp=sharing

Would it be possible to have an option for the drop zone text to be made visible? That would help in instances such as my previous example, where drop zone visibility is low.

Thank you. 

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
'seemingly very few people know what the intention is'
I didn't know what the intention was. sad
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Just commenting to say I will be changing the example on the QA site.