How to get notified when new content is uploaded to a course

How to get notified when new content is uploaded to a course

by Victor Santibañez Olmedo -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, 

I’ve the Moodle app in my phone and I wanted to know if there is some way of getting a notification every time my teachers upload new documents to a course.

I know this can be done in forums, but I didn’t find how to do it in the hole course. I think this can be very useful for students.

Bye,

Victor

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Victor Santibañez Olmedo

Re: How to get notified when new content is uploaded to a course

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Victor,

unfortunately right now there is no notification in Moodle to notify students that something was added to a course. There are plans to add more notifications in Moodle, but I don't know if this one will be one of them.

Cheers,
Dani
In reply to Victor Santibañez Olmedo

Re: How to get notified when new content is uploaded to a course

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi,

for Moodle 3.11 or 4.0 we plan to allow teachers to notify users when there is new content added or updated in a course.

We will add a new "checkbox" checked by default when adding new content and unchecked when updating to notify users about the changes.

Regards, Juan
Average of ratings: Useful (2)