Searching within a book

Searching within a book

by Jose Miguel Arnaiz -
Number of replies: 2
Hi,

We have recently installed the book module in order to set up something like a document-repository made of exercises (some will be just HTML resources, some Hotpot-like interactive exercises, some quizzes and so on) and help documents (mostly grammar explanations as HTML resources).

No problem for that, but on the user´s side, students will have to browse within the repository-book using the chapter-schema. No problem again, but  we´d like to give them a chance to search whithin the whole book using tags or keywords: levels (1st level exercises ...), objetives (reading exercises...), certain items related searching (exercises for "irregular verbs" or ...).

I´ve found this thread (http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=8799) and gone to CVS looking for the "search "AddOn" I read about, but it seems to be not for a production server... and... well, I don´t know what to do.

Does anybody know anything about this?

Thanks in advance.

Joxemiel

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jose Miguel Arnaiz

Re: Searching within a book

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Once upon a time there was a global searching implemented in books and elsewhere, but I did not finish it so later I decided to remove it.

My coding days are not over, one day I might find enough free time or generous sponsor and the global searching will be reborn wink

skodak
In reply to Petr Skoda

Er: Re: Searching within a book

by Jose Miguel Arnaiz -
Anyway, it seems that Moodle community is still looking for something like that (document handling, tagging, searching...).

This is what I can understand reading some posts in Document Management System (DMS)

Is this the direction at this time?

Joxemiel