Editor munges javascript

Editor munges javascript

par Scott Krajewski,
Nombre de réponses : 2
We're trying to include an image mouseover function in a web page resource. But it looks like the HTML editor keeps munging part of the simple javascript every time we edit the page.

For example it takes a quote " and makes it an &quote; in the line
document.b1.src="urltoimage"
I can escape the quote to save it for that session but re-editing transforms it again.

Also, the editor seems to recursively wrap function{} around my onmouseover events. Any way to change these behaviors?
Moyenne des évaluations  -
En réponse à Scott Krajewski

Re: Editor munges javascript

par Robert Piercy,
I am having a similar problem.

Actually, I have seen in other threads that there is a way to disable to javascript filter for the entire site (although I can't seem to find this in the admin area), but a better solution would be for an administrator to be able to grant javascript rights to course creators and/or teachers.

I tried to disable it through code by returning the same text that was passed in in the "cleanAttributes" function in /moodle/lib/weblib.php, but it is still changing my javascript.  The reason I need it is for AJAX.  We have mixed some of our old site into moodle, and I want those pages from our old site to show up in the middle column without refreshing the entire page.

Any ideas would be very helpful.

Regards,
Robert Piercy
En réponse à Robert Piercy

Re: Editor munges javascript

par Don Schwartz,
You have to go into admin/editor and disable the wysiwyg html editor for the time you want to do this sort of work.  That gives you a plain html text editor.
I've had to do this to add Google search and other javascripts.
don