Moodle - workflow with steps for course

Moodle - workflow with steps for course

by Ionut Mugurel Cinjau -
Number of replies: 9

Hi, I want to implement a feature which stands for a workflow including some steps to reach a project done by students.
Shortly to automate the process of a project, a student being in face to pass all the steps like choosing an idea with a teacher, having online meetings, project uploading, etc.
Is there any feature like this actually in Moodle? Or I should take it from 0

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ionut Mugurel Cinjau

Re: Moodle - workflow with steps for course

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Is the workflow block of any use? https://moodle.org/plugins/block_workflow
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Not for this use case, I think.

One way you could do this is with multiple activities in a course, using activity completion and conditional availablility.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

But what is the purpose of workflow block before trying to dig into it, because my mentor insight was to use that module, indeed maybe he doesn't know exactly what is its use... ?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
We created the Workflow block at the Open University to help our admin staff manage the creation of Courses and Quizzes. Therefore, one of the fundamental limitations is that you can only have one instance of a workflow attached to a course. You can't have a separate workflow for each student.

I still think my original suggestion (use conditional availability) is liketly to work. Have you tried it? (Does anyone know a good example of a course using conditional avilability like this?)
In reply to Tim Hunt

I haven't tried something yet, I want to have a clear overview before starting to code it.Overall should I create another plugin following the existing ones, right? 

by Tim Hunt -
You seem to be suck in the mind-set: I am a developer. I must write code.

I am suggesting you can probably get most of what you want using existing Moodle features without writing any code. Until you try it, you won't find out.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

I'm not suck in that mindset but I have to create a feature which automates entire workflow putting everything in one place.
This is a request from my university.

The teachers complained that is hard for them to manage each student project during a year, so they want to have a specific feature which does it:
1.Teacher adds ideas
2.Student choose idea

n.Final

That's shortly the main idea

In reply to Tim Hunt

by SREE VISHNU -

Hi Tim,

Glad that I found this plugin. I'm also finding a way to create a workflow for our staff to manage course creation. Do you have any video tutorials on how the workflow should be set?