Grade aggregate not working

by Aviwe Foji -
Number of replies: 1

Hi, 

I am currently on Moodle 3.5.2. I setup all the grade categories and their weights toward the total course grades contribution as below: 

1. Business Financial Planning 2020 - Weighted mean of grades 

2. Inflight (with 5 modules) - Simple Weighted mean of grades with 25% weight towards course total 

3. Take off (with 1 module) - Simple weighted mean of grades with 75% weight towards course total 

4. Other (the rest of graded activities) - weighted mean of grades with 0% weight towards course total 

tt

With the above setup, users attempted the necessary "inflight" assessments however when they or I view their user grades, i get the below screenshot with incorrect aggregates and contributions towards course totals 

jkh

Please help and let me know if I am doing anything incorrectly with this setup? 

Regards 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aviwe Foji

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I never have luck using weighted mean of grades at the course aggregation level. I just don't really know how it works. I don't think it attempts to aggregate the sub categories if they are empty - it may be ignoring them until there is a score to calculate for them. Curious what experience others have had.