"Error: internal script failure" on login page after configuring CAS and debugging isn't working

"Error: internal script failure" on login page after configuring CAS and debugging isn't working

by Jacob Walker -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all,

I originally posted this in the installing and upgrade forum because I was installing Moodle when I did it, but I see it doesn't belong there now!

I've been trying to configure CAS for SSO. I've configured it (badly, I guess...) and disabled all auth plugins except manual accounts and CAS. I now get "Error: Internal script failure" on the login page. I can't access anything but the empty front page and this error.

I've followed the instructions here and here and still can't find any useful logs anywhere, so I can't see a way to tell what the actual issue is. I've had a look through the database but can't find how I would change which auth plugins are enabled. There's another forum post somewhere about a similar issue, but the resolution seemed to involve logging in.... which I can't do.

Any advice?

This is a fresh installation of Moodle 3.9.2 (2020061502.07) running on Ubuntu server 20.04.1 LTS.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jacob Walker

Re: "Error: internal script failure" on login page after configuring CAS and debugging isn't working

by Marc Rabaey -

Hi Jacob

We are also in the process of coupling CAS with Moodle 3.9. We had the same message, but that was because our LDAP (behind CAS) was not well configured (yet).

When you enable CAS Server (SSO) you can also test the connection.

-> Category: Administration / Plugins / Authentication

--> CAS server (SSO)     1                Settings     Test settings (<--- click on this hyperlink).

which resulted: "The LDAP host url is currently not configured"

So try to test the connection.

Kind Regards

Marc

In reply to Marc Rabaey

Re: "Error: internal script failure" on login page after configuring CAS and debugging isn't working

by Jesse Stilwell -

Hi Marc,

Did you ever figure this out? Encountering the same error, but shouldn't be.