Delay in email notifications

Delay in email notifications

by Rachael Gaunce -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I have had this ongoing issue and as many times as I look in settings I can not seem to figure out what to change. When someone posts on the discussion board, everyone who is subscribed gets an email notification that there is a new post - the issue is when the email notification comes through. People do not receive the email notification until several hours later.

This is the same thing with the teacher receiving email notifications for students completing their assignments. Also, when teachers comment/give feedback, the students do not receive a notification until later.

Everything shows up in Moodle at the time it was posted and the email notifications do come through, I am looking to fix it so that the email comes through right when the item is posted. Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rachael Gaunce

Re: Delay in email notifications

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Do e-mail copies of messages https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/Messaging arrive instantly?
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Rachael Gaunce -

Yes. I just tested this and the email notification for messages do come instantly

In reply to Rachael Gaunce

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Then you need to carefully go through the time stamps in the full header of a delayed forum mail to find where the delay is.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Rachael Gaunce -

Can you explain more of what you mean? We are stuck and looking everywhere but can't seem to fix it