"Never Submitted" on Quiz

"Never Submitted" on Quiz

by Ken Masters -
Number of replies: 4

(Moodle 3.8 - I think)

A teacher ran a short quiz (24 questions, essay and MCQs) with 29 students.  28 of the students submitted fine.  One student ran out of time, and did not complete all of the questions.  Those that were completed, however, were saved.

In the listing, there are three problems:

• Where all the other students are listed as Finished, she is listed as Never submitted.  Refreshing does not help.
  • None of her MCQs were graded.
  • On all of her questions (essay and MCQ) , there is no option to grade the answer (i.e. the Make comment or overide mark does not appear).
Because it's only one student and a very short quiz, this can be sorted out by manual marking and entering her marks into a spreadsheet, but we are concerned that this may happen on a larger scale.  Does anyone have any ideas about what may have led to this and how to avoid it?

Thanks

Ken

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ken Masters

Re: "Never Submitted" on Quiz

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What was the quiz set to do when the time ran out?  If the setting was not to automatically submit, that would probably be the issue.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Ken Masters -

Emma, thanks very much.  Yes, she set it to "There is a Grace period..." and set the grace time to 2 minutes. 

But then, surely after the two minutes, it should have submitted?

In reply to Ken Masters

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
No, I think the grace period just gives them a few more minutes to submit. She needs to select the submit automatically option to have them submit automatically.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Ken Masters -
OK, thanks - so that means you can't have a grace period AND have the quiz submitted automatically if the student uses that grace period. Good to know, thanks.