Course->idnumber

Course->idnumber

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Does the new enrolment regime still honor the course idnumber field?

I wanted to scope making this field handle a list of numbers rather than a single one (see bug #4161). However, I literally cannot find it being checked anywhere in the new code. I am most probably being stupid - can anyone working on this enlighten me.

Thanks smile
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Course->idnumber

by Dan Stowell -
Not sure what you mean exactly, but the IMS Enterprise plugin makes *heavy* use of idnumber, to correlate against the IDs used by the source system.

I would not be against allowing for multiple ID numbers, but NOT as a comma-separated list in that same field. That would make it very inefficient to look up the codes.

When I first introduced the IMS Enterprise plugin it included a "coursealias" lookup table which does something very similar to your proposal, but separated into a lookup table in a way which I think would perform efficiently.
In reply to Dan Stowell

Re: Course->idnumber

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I guess at the user interface stage it would be a comma separated list, but I take your point.

I'm am very keen to get this one in if at all possible (I get asked for it all the time), but haven't been following the new enrolment regime discussions too much. My main interest is in the database enrolment plugin but I expect if it was changed it would need to work for everything.