Adding questions to bank after course starts

Adding questions to bank after course starts

by Aaron Cauchi -
Number of replies: 4

Course has a quiz with questions that are imported randomly from a question bank. Once course starts and quiz is used can during this period more questions be added to the bank?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aaron Cauchi

Re: Adding questions to bank after course starts

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Unless things have recently changed, which I doubt, yes, you can import more questions into a question bank category whenever you want to add more. This is a great Moodle feature. And you can add questions even after the quiz has started. As I recall (and have done), you can even fix some quiz question errors at any point in time.

What you cannot do is once the quiz has started, you cannot add or remove questions to the quiz itself.

If my ideas are incorrect, others here on Moodle.org will correct me.

You can always try this on your own, either in an experimental quiz, course, or Moodle.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Aaron Cauchi -
Thanks Rick.

In fact my logic is, if you are not specifying any specific question or modify the points allocated to a specific question then you should be ok. The Quiz "pulls" questions from the bank, so if one sets that 10 questions are randomly pulled from the bank, it is irrelevant how many questions exist in the bank (as long as there are at least 10 questions in this case).

Any expert can correct my theory??
In reply to Aaron Cauchi

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I am not an expert, but your theory is what I have personally experienced.