Error creating accounts

Error creating accounts

Mark Robinson發表於
Number of replies: 12

Hi,

I recently started my Moodle LMS. I have everything running but the account creation. Every time I try to create an account (user creating their own accounts) i get the following error messages in attachments

Moodle version 3.9. Apache cpanel setup

Does anyone know how I can fix this issue? Sorry I'm not up to speed on all this. Thanking you all in advance

Cheers - Mark

附件 IMG_0160.PNG
附件 IMG_0161.PNG
評比平均分數: -
In reply to Mark Robinson

Re: Error creating accounts

Colin Fraser發表於
Documentation writers的相片 Testers的相片
Hi Mark, I suggest it's a little difficult to do much if you're not logged in for starters. What you might be looking for is a way to allow your clientele the opportunity to join your site. You might want to look at this Moodle Doc on Self-Registration by email. That might help. There is also a range of alternatives in the Download PlugIn pages. One of these might help. Cheers. 

Ang: Error creating accounts

Preben Pedersen發表於
You might want to switch your dbcollation to utf8mb4_unicode_ci.

When i search the forums, it seems alot have had problems with utf8mb4_bin.

You can read some explanations and guides how to update it, in this thread: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=383652
評比平均分數:Useful (1)
In reply to Preben Pedersen

Re: Ang: Error creating accounts

Mark Robinson發表於
Brilliant! I will give that a go as I wasn’t sure if I could switch the Unicode as when I set the self registration up it only gave me the option of UTF8 with no other sub option

Mark Robinson發表於
I now have another issue, fixed the DB issue but now thrown an authorisation error
附件 Screenshot 2020-10-26 160820.png

Mark Robinson發表於
Also getting this error re sending confirmation emails
附件 Screenshot 2020-10-26 163632.png

Ang: Re: Error creating accounts

Preben Pedersen發表於
Does your 'Main administrator' account have an email address? You can see the main administrator at Site administration -> Users -> Permissions -> Site administrators.

And also double check your SMTP settings at Site administration -> Server -> Email -> Outgoing mail configuration, and add a no-reply address.

Re: Ang: Re: Error creating accounts

Mark Robinson發表於
I have my own domain firetrainingaustralia.com.au email settings in there for both areas but still no luck? sad

The test emails that I sent after inputting the settings worked fine as I received the test emails. Just still get that error
附件 Screenshot 2020-10-27 073223.png

Mark Robinson發表於
Fixed it forgot to add the ports at the end of the SMTP settings, now to see if it sends the confirmation emails

Mark Robinson發表於
No now its thrown this error at me after the SMTP settings originally worked?

2020-10-26 21:39:30 Connection: opening to ssl://mail.firetrainingaustralia.com.au:25, timeout=300, options=array()
2020-10-26 21:39:30 Connection failed. Error #2: stream_socket_client(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages:
error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number [/home/firetrai/firetrainingaustralia.com.au/courses/lib/phpmailer/src/SMTP.php line 344]
2020-10-26 21:39:30 Connection failed. Error #2: stream_socket_client(): Failed to enable crypto [/home/firetrai/firetrainingaustralia.com.au/courses/lib/phpmailer/src/SMTP.php line 344]
2020-10-26 21:39:30 Connection failed. Error #2: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://mail.firetrainingaustralia.com.au:25 (Unknown error) [/home/firetrai/firetrainingaustralia.com.au/courses/lib/phpmailer/src/SMTP.php line 344]
2020-10-26 21:39:30 SMTP ERROR: Failed to connect to server: (0)
2020-10-26 21:39:30 SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting