Error creating accounts

Error creating accounts

ved Mark Robinson -
Antal besvarelser: 12

Hi,

I recently started my Moodle LMS. I have everything running but the account creation. Every time I try to create an account (user creating their own accounts) i get the following error messages in attachments

Moodle version 3.9. Apache cpanel setup

Does anyone know how I can fix this issue? Sorry I'm not up to speed on all this. Thanking you all in advance

Cheers - Mark

Bilag IMG_0160.PNG
Bilag IMG_0161.PNG
Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Mark Robinson

Re: Error creating accounts

ved Colin Fraser -
Billede af Documentation writers Billede af Testers
Hi Mark, I suggest it's a little difficult to do much if you're not logged in for starters. What you might be looking for is a way to allow your clientele the opportunity to join your site. You might want to look at this Moodle Doc on Self-Registration by email. That might help. There is also a range of alternatives in the Download PlugIn pages. One of these might help. Cheers. 
I svar til Mark Robinson

Ang: Error creating accounts

ved Preben Pedersen -
You might want to switch your dbcollation to utf8mb4_unicode_ci.

When i search the forums, it seems alot have had problems with utf8mb4_bin.

You can read some explanations and guides how to update it, in this thread: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=383652
Gennemsnitsbedømmelse:Useful (1)
I svar til Preben Pedersen

Re: Ang: Error creating accounts

ved Mark Robinson -
Brilliant! I will give that a go as I wasn’t sure if I could switch the Unicode as when I set the self registration up it only gave me the option of UTF8 with no other sub option
I svar til Mark Robinson

ved Mark Robinson -
I now have another issue, fixed the DB issue but now thrown an authorisation error
Bilag Screenshot 2020-10-26 160820.png
I svar til Mark Robinson

ved Mark Robinson -
Also getting this error re sending confirmation emails
Bilag Screenshot 2020-10-26 163632.png
I svar til Mark Robinson

Ang: Re: Error creating accounts

ved Preben Pedersen -
Does your 'Main administrator' account have an email address? You can see the main administrator at Site administration -> Users -> Permissions -> Site administrators.

And also double check your SMTP settings at Site administration -> Server -> Email -> Outgoing mail configuration, and add a no-reply address.

Re: Ang: Re: Error creating accounts

ved Mark Robinson -
I have my own domain firetrainingaustralia.com.au email settings in there for both areas but still no luck? sad

The test emails that I sent after inputting the settings worked fine as I received the test emails. Just still get that error
Bilag Screenshot 2020-10-27 073223.png
I svar til Mark Robinson

ved Mark Robinson -
Fixed it forgot to add the ports at the end of the SMTP settings, now to see if it sends the confirmation emails

ved Mark Robinson -
No now its thrown this error at me after the SMTP settings originally worked?

2020-10-26 21:39:30 Connection: opening to ssl://mail.firetrainingaustralia.com.au:25, timeout=300, options=array()
2020-10-26 21:39:30 Connection failed. Error #2: stream_socket_client(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages:
error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number [/home/firetrai/firetrainingaustralia.com.au/courses/lib/phpmailer/src/SMTP.php line 344]
2020-10-26 21:39:30 Connection failed. Error #2: stream_socket_client(): Failed to enable crypto [/home/firetrai/firetrainingaustralia.com.au/courses/lib/phpmailer/src/SMTP.php line 344]
2020-10-26 21:39:30 Connection failed. Error #2: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://mail.firetrainingaustralia.com.au:25 (Unknown error) [/home/firetrai/firetrainingaustralia.com.au/courses/lib/phpmailer/src/SMTP.php line 344]
2020-10-26 21:39:30 SMTP ERROR: Failed to connect to server: (0)
2020-10-26 21:39:30 SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting