Forcing a time limit for exam

Forcing a time limit for exam

ved Claire Fox -
Antal besvarelser: 2

Hi all,

I'm on version 3.8. I looking to run an online exam that forces students to complete it within 2 hours of starting. The topic is MS Office so I'm hoping to provide detailed instructions (there will be about 20 steps to follow), ideally in a single document. The students' solutions will be submitted by way of an Excel file.

Is there a way to do this? I've been exploring the Quiz option but I can't see how I might work with these file types.

Any tips would be appreciated!
Thank you,
Claire Fox

Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Claire Fox

Re: Forcing a time limit for exam

ved Rick Jerz -
Billede af Particularly helpful Moodlers Billede af Testers
You seem to have asked several questions.

1) Yes, quizzes can be timed. See https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/Quiz_settings#Timing.
2) Yes, you can provide detailed instructions by using a "Description" question type as your first question.
3a) Yes, students can upload a file into a quiz question.  But you need to use a question type that supports an upload.  The essay question type supports file uploads.
3b) Alternatively (to #3a), you can create an "Assignment" and have students upload their Excel files.  Using #3a or #3b will depend upon your situation, and how you prefer to grade.  The advantage of using the "Assignment" is that you can "bulk download" the files and grade "off-line."
Gennemsnitsbedømmelse:Useful (2)