Certain options are not working!

Certain options are not working!

by Mohammad Yaseen -
Number of replies: 2

Hello there

I hope you're doing well.

We're using Moodle 3.6 with the essential theme for many years now. Just today, we're having a very weird inconsistent issue.

"Sometimes" when we try to click the Add an activity or resource link (after turning the editing on) or open the course settings menu, nothing happens, simply a hashtag appears at the end of the URL and nothing opens. It seems that JS is not properly loaded. We're facing this issue since today morning, using different browsers and on different devices. We cleared the browsers and Moodle caches but still the same issue. As I mentioned above, sometimes it just works, and sometimes it doesn't.

We have restored backups from 3 weeks ago, and 1 week ago, and both these backups have the same issue. No plugins were installed, updated, or configured before the issue started to appear.

When we're checking the developer tab in Google Chrome we found errors, like "Uncaught Error: Mismatched anonymous define() module: function()..." check the attachment. But there's no indicator of what's causing this issue.

Again, I just want to stress that we have not done any recent installations, updates, upgrades, or major changes to any part of this installation of Moodle.

I hope you'll be able to help us out.

Thank you.

Attachment 2020-10-21 14_31_15-Window.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mohammad Yaseen

Re: Certain options are not working!

by Paul Holden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Mohammad,

What is Grammarly-check.js? Are you able to replicate the problem without this third-party Javascript being loaded?
In reply to Paul Holden

Re: Certain options are not working!

by Mohammad Yaseen -
Thank you for your reply. Grammarly-check.js is a Chrome browser plugin and not part of Moodle. Regarding the above issue, most probably, the issue was with our Internet connectivity. I didn't have that issue again.

Thank you for your support.

Is there any way to delete or mark this post as resolved?