Assign an Assignment to a specific teacher

by Gerrit Renner -
Number of replies: 4

Is it possible to assign an assignment to a specific teacher that only he will get an e-mail if someone uploads an exercise? In our course, we have multiple teachers and multiple assignments and every teacher is responsible for one assignment. At the moment every teacher receives an email even if this teacher is not involved in the excise.

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gerrit Renner

Re: Assign an Assignment to a specific teacher

by David Le Blanc -

Do you have specific teachers locally assigned to specific assignments? If so, in your assignment settings select "No" for "Notify graders about submissions". You can then install the Grade Me block. Only the assigned teacher should be notified that submissions require grading. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gerrit Renner

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Gerrit,

If all the teachers are 'editingteachers' and you don't use settings like Marking workflow and Assign markers, combined with the non-editing teacher role and separate groups, all course contacts will always receive notifications of all submissions (following the way you set up the Assignment).

It's quite common to see schools (and universities) add all their teaching staff to all courses, even if only a fraction of them is actually participating in a course. There are other ways of making sure teachers can 'check on their neighbors and students'.
In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Joost

> It's quite common to see schools (and universities) add all their teaching staff to all courses,

Only the most unruly institutions, I would say. wink

The whole will then appear in the list of participants, confusing everybody. The worst part, all getting forum mails from Announcements forums! I have seen such setups and managed to think first.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I know, Visvanath... but I've come across a few of those unruly ones that feel 'intervision' and 'checking the neighbor's lawn' made sense when they first started this approach.

The key is that the impact of doing so isn't always clear at the moment in time when the decision was made. Implementing Moodle is an art.