Moodle and Google OAuth 2 approval process

Moodle and Google OAuth 2 approval process

by Nathaniel Simson -
Number of replies: 0

I've been e-mailing back and forth with Google for several days in an attempt to have my Moodle site approved for OAuth 2 authentication.  I haven't requested the Drive scope, only the authentication itself (profile, email, openid).  I continue to get responses telling me I must have a "homepage" that meets their requirements, along with a privacy policy, and that a login cannot be required for site access (which seems like the whole point of requesting the OAuth scope in the first place).  I made a dummy homepage with a description of Moodle, a privacy policy, and a link to the login page that I would think meets these requirements, but they still seem immovable and unhelpful.  I've read through this thread that seems to mostly be commiserations and confusion on this topic: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=356871

Does anyone have recent experience with this and could potentially point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I would just set it up as a "local" project but I'm not entirely convinced they would like me hosting it myself yet trying to allow access only from the school's domain (not where it is hosted), and I'd really like parents with Google accounts to be able to use SSO (and they obviously don't have accounts at the school's domain).

P.P.S. Since I always try to obey directions printed in red, the answer is 3.8.4. 

Average of ratings: -