Problem importing badges fo Badgr

Problem importing badges fo Badgr

by Álex González -
Number of replies: 3

Hello there,

Forgive if this is not the right subforum to post it, but I need help here.

I completed the Learn Moodle MOOC way back on 2016 and I got awarded two badges.

Those badges are still visible if you go to a specific URL, but I get an error when trying to import them on to Badgr (and other badge backpack).

The error I get is the following:

"Badge import failed. The given badge failed validation: Unknown Content-Type (Not image/png or image/svg+xml). Response could not be interpreted from url https://learn.moodle.org/badges/badge.php?hash=97c4602e5023938796e49762b51e2bff225ad64f

Error ID: b010db91-dd1c-427c-90dd-3eb0aacaa817"

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Álex González

Re: Problem importing badges fo Badgr

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Alex,

To add your badges from Learn Moodle to Badgr, please do as follows:

1. Create an account on https://badgr.com, selecting 'United States' as region (not where you are in the world, as you can only connect to a backpack on the US Badgr site).
  2. Log in to the Learn Moodle site and go to your backpack settings (via Preferences / Badges) and connect to your Badgr backpack by entering your email address and password for your Badgr account.
  3. Go to Manage badges (via Preferences / Badges) and click the icon to add to backpack.

PS I am going to move your discussion thread to the Badges forum where the badges experts hang out, in case you have any further questions.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Problem importing badges fo Badgr

by Álex González -
Hi Helen,

Thank you so much for your quick response! (and for moving my post to the right place). It took a long workaround, but I actually managed to add those two old badges to my new US-based account and to my old European account. I'm posting the process here in case anyone discovers forgotten badges from 2016.

1. I created a US account using another email.
2. I linked my US badgr account to my Moodle Learn profile.
3. I logged in my European account, incognito mode.
4. Preferences / Linked email: I added my other email used on the US badgr account.
5. After validating the process, I added the badges on the US account to the European account using Add badge from URL.

Voilà.

Thank you for your help, Helen. I would have discarded those two badges were not for your message.
In reply to Álex González

Re: Problem importing badges to Badgr [Solved]

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Alex,

Great to hear that you succeeded in adding the badges to both of your Badgr accounts and thanks for sharing the process! smile

Hopefully coming in Moodle 3.10 is the option for people to choose whether to connect to a US or EU Badgr account (MDL-65959) so it will no longer be necessary to create a US account if you already have a EU one.

Finally, congratulations on obtaining all those badges!