Resume interactive video on login

Resume interactive video on login

by Federico Porta -
Number of replies: 3
Hi, I wander if it's possible to resume inreactive video on login. Example: as a lesson I have an interactive video. The forward button is disabled because the video must be watched all. The video is one hour lenght and logged as student01 I am watching it. I'd like to stop it and log out and start following the lesson tomorrow again, the video is paused at 35,30 minutes. The day after I come back to the lesson and to this precise task and I would like the video to start at 35,30 minutes. Is it possible? How can I set it up?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Federico Porta

Re: Resume interactive video on login

by Stuart Mealor -
This is a H5P specific question.
So it should be asked on the H5P community:
https://h5p.org/forum
As far as I know, the H5P Interactive Video does not have a 'resume' function.
In reply to Federico Porta

by Oliver Tacke -

Hi!

This is possible if you activate the "save content state" option in the settings of the H5P plugin. If users are logged in, many H5P content types (including Interactive Video) will then store the current state in a regular time interval that you can set as well and whenever a task is checked. There's also a pull request for optionally adding that feature for users who are not logged in, but it will probably take some time until that one is added.

This question becomes moodle related if you are not using the H5P plugin but the H5P integration into moodle core of moodle 3.8+. To the best of my knowledge, the moodle core version does not feature the "save content state" option.

Best,

Oliver 

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Oliver Tacke

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Oliver is right. Unfortunately the very useful "Save content state" is not (yet?) available in the H5P integration into Moodle core version. I mentioned this issue in this post.

Joseph