Regrade Formulas question not working

Regrade Formulas question not working

Bởi Viviane Cristine Silva -
Số lượng các câu trả lời: 12

I am facing the same problem recently reported on this forum (https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=412316),

but with other type of question: a Formulas Question

On Moodle 3.8, regrading is not working after updating the key of a faulty question. The grades are not updated.

I've followed the steps available in the Moodle docs and I’ve been searching and found posts such as the following:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=400581

But they haven't worked for me.

Thank you in advance for reading. I look forward to your feedback!

Viviane

Trung bình điểm đánh giá:Useful (2)
Để phản hồi tới Viviane Cristine Silva

Re: Regrade Formulas question not working

Bởi Dominique Bauer -
Hình của Documentation writers Hình của Particularly helpful Moodlers Hình của Plugin developers
Hello Viviane,

Try clicking on the quiz, then on "Attempts: xx". To be sure, set "Attempts from" to "enrolled users who have attempted the quiz", then click the "Regrade all" button.
Để phản hồi tới Dominique Bauer

Hello Dominique,
Thank you for your quick response!
I had already tried every possible combination on Attempts. No way!
The old, wrong keys used to grade the students are "frozen".
I also reopened the quiz (while keeping it hidden for the others), tested it as a student and got the correct grade, as expected.
Then, as a teacher again, I clicked in Regrade all, one more time.
No change for the keys of the other students, whereas my keys are the right ones.
I've read somewhere else in this forum, in an old post, a similar situation, in which the problem was with the server's cache not being cleared, or something like that. Could that be it?
I'm not a Moodle administrator, I'm just a user, but I've been using qtype Formulas for a while, and I'd never had troubles in regrading before.

Viviane

Bởi ali rosta -
Hi Viviane,

I'm exactly having similar probelm. I googled for it and found your post. It would be great if someone knows what's happening.
Trung bình điểm đánh giá:Useful (1)
Để phản hồi tới ali rosta

Good morning Ali.
I haven't get an explanation for my problem yet, but I ended up finding an improvised solution. I replicated the calculation of the variables, which were in the global variable field, to the local variable fields. It doesn't seem very smart, but that's what worked for me, so that the answers that appears to the students were finally updated, as well as the grades.
It didn't eliminate all my problems, the behavior is still kind of erratic, but it has improved a lot.
Another problem: after making this mentioned correction and clicking on "Regrade all", not all grades are updated. This had to be done several times and in many cases I had to select individual students and regrade repeatedly (sometimes more than 3 times) until updating.
I hope this helps you a little.

Bởi William Fernando Oquendo Patiño -
Hi,
first of all, thanks for the workaround. It worked when I had to use it.
After reading this, I started using as much local variables as I can. Of course I made a mistake in a given question, and the regrading trick did not work! Actually, I moved the local vars to global vars and it was worse, there was an internal error when regrading where the question was not finding the original local variable (the global had exactly the same name). So do not use local vars from the beginning. Use globals and if you need to regrade, make the local. Do not start with locals.
Also, if you use a lists of answers (instead of letting the student fill the answer), it will regrade ok regardless of being local or global.
Formulas question type is really useful and powerful but this problem is really putting a toll on us to use it. I wish I knew more php/javascript or whatever is needed to be able to contribute more and complain less ...
Để phản hồi tới William Fernando Oquendo Patiño

Bởi Dhanish P.B -
What do you mean by local variables? In the formula question, under variables, we have two sections - Random Variables and Global Variables. Do you mean Random Variables instead of local variables?

Bởi Daniel Milan -
Thank you for finding this work around. It has been driving me crazy trying to get it to work and this worked perfectly. SML!

Bởi Abid Nadeem -

I was also facing the same problem. Thanks to your suggestion I solved my problem. In my case, I was having problems with two parts of the formula question. The variable of Part 2 depended on the Variable in Part 1. So for a completely satisfying Regrade, I had to input the equation for the variable used in Part 1, and the equations for two variables in Part 2, (1) equation for variable in  Part 1, and the equation for the variables of part 2 which depended on the variable of Part 1.