"You must select a question type" when adding quiz questions

"You must select a question type" when adding quiz questions

by Scott Haugsjaa -
Number of replies: 3

Hey guys, I've been running into an issue that I can't seem to reliably resolve. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When I try to create a Quiz in Moodle, and I try to add questions to the quiz, I receive the following response. Any help/suggestions in what to do or where to go with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for helping.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Haugsjaa

Re: "You must select a question type" when adding quiz questions

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I think that happens when you click the button before the question bank screen has fully loaded. Very easy to do because the 'Filter by tags' bit takes ages to load sad I agree it is very annoying. I just have nto had time to fix it.
Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Scott Haugsjaa -
This was a great suggestion, I hadn't considered the loading. So, I tried leaving the "Question Bank" screen (in my first screenshot) open for a few minutes to give it time to load. I tried the "Create a new question..." button, but I had the same results: "You must select a question type."

Any other tricks I might be able to try?
In reply to Scott Haugsjaa

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Well, check the JavaScript console in your browser. If there is an error there, then button may never get initialised.