Import images and equations using ms word templates

Import images and equations using ms word templates

by David LewisN -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

Trying to import short answer questions on  Moodle 3.4.1 (Build: 20180115) running on  PHP 7.3.1.MySQL 5.7.24 and Apache 2.4.37.

The word template is am using Word Quiz Template V2.1 for moodle does not have the insert image buttonNo insert picture button on moodle word import

Where can i download the above template?

I have also downloaded and tried to install and use the moode2word plugin without any luck, have enabled the macros in word but the moodle2word plugin in word demands that i connect to www.moodle2word.net.Should i login first? 

Your support is appreciated.

David

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David LewisN

Re: Import images and equations using ms word templates

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
David - Thanks for sharing your question about importing questions into Moodle from a Word document. Moodle 3.4 is no longer supported so I would first recommend that you get upgraded to at least version 3.5 (LTS). There is no magic import that figures out what type of questions are in a Word Doc and imports them automagically for you. I think what would be most helpful for you is to explore the various question types that Moodle supports. Begin by writing some simple multiple choice questions and exploring the options.  Then, once you have a better sense of the types of questions you want to write you can explore writing them in Word (if that is easier for you) but there are other question import formats.  Since your questions seem to involve mathematical formulas, you may want to review the documentation about Math in Moodle and in particular familiarize yourself with TeX notiation.  Hopefully this can help get you started and its possible others with more experience of question importing and mathematics may have some other suggestions. Peace - Anthony