Geogebra formulas quiz - problem with "saving state"

Geogebra formulas quiz - problem with "saving state"

by Marko Nuskol -
Number of replies: 6

Hello.

I could really use your help with moodle formulas Geogebra.
I have created a graphic question in GeoGebra and with ("iframe") integrated it into formulas Moodle quiz. When my students open this question, play with Geogebra and finish their quiz their "state of Geogebra" is not saved.

Hope you can understand what I mean. I want when they move a point A in Geogebra (and submit the question) I can see it later when I review their quiz attempt. I don't know which script and what commads will save a state of Geogebra inside Moodle server.

Below is the uploaded .xml file.

Thank you very much

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marko Nuskol

Re: Geogebra formulas quiz - problem with "saving state"

by David Galiana -

Hi Marko

I think I understand what you want to achieve.

You could store GeoGebra information in hidden Formulas answers boxes. And, after that, initialize the applet with these values each time it is loaded (for instance, on reviewing a student attempt).

I know this is not easy, but I've not been able to do this in a different way. I hope somebody could share a better way to interact with GeoGebra from Moodle Formulas.

See the attached xml with a working example. Be careful and don't edit it with Atto editor or it will spoil the code (use just plain text editor in Moodle).

Further analysis of the attached question (only in Spanish): https://dgaliana.gitbook.io/preguntasstem/geogebra/preguntas-con-respuesta-grafica-mediante-geogebra

I hope it helps.

In reply to David Galiana

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello David,

Thanks for your example. I haven't had time to look at it in detail yet, but it seems to work just fine. I also looked at your documentation site. You are doing a great job.

Would you be interested in contributing to the moodleformulas.org site by submitting more examples for the question bank? I put the example from your post so you can see what it looks like. Just click on your name here ↗. In order for your example to be seen by as many people as possible, I have translated it into English. I also added a button for teachers to see the answers.

It would also be useful to have an English version of your documentation on moodleformulas.org. Would you agree that I put it in English?

In reply to Dominique Bauer

by David Galiana -
Hi Dominique

I will submit some examples to your question bank. It's a nice idea to have more working questions so that everybody can learn about Formulas.

If you consider it useful, you can use my documentation in moodleformulas and modify it at your will. I wrote it to share knowledge so it would be really nice if it could be read by more people.
In reply to David Galiana

by Miguel Bejarano -
Hi David, I sow your example but yes: it is not easy (for me).

I think, put the code n formulas questiion type is powerfull; so I would like to learn about that; Where are simple steps about Moodle-Geogebra?

Thanks
In reply to Marko Nuskol

by Miguel Bejarano -
Hi Marko.

I had seen the example to formulas question type and, as David says, is complex to me. But, if you has solved the problem, please tell me the solution.