Give the permission to see a configurable report but without the permission to modify it

Give the permission to see a configurable report but without the permission to modify it

by Th Malta -
Number of replies: 1

Dear all,

I have a Moodle server on which many training sessions are organised. In these sessions, trainers have the role of non-editing teachers. There are a pool of trainers delivering the same training.

All these trainers are registered as students in a course Information for trainers. In this course, I want to give them access to a configurable report, built in SQL, which is a monitoring table of all the sessions there are busy with, with some information about each session.

Checking all the possibilities in term of settings at the block and at the course level, then permissions/capabilities at the block and the course level, then permission at the report level, I don't see how to give access to the report without giving the possibility to modify its SQL code.

Is there a possibility to do that?
(We use the version 3.7.0 2019101400)

All the best,
Thierry
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Th Malta

Re: Give the permission to see a configurable report but without the permission to modify it

by Th Malta -
SOLVED
Sorry It was easy but I let a stupid mistake somewhere.
In case it is useful for somebody else:

So, there is no need to changes capabilities on configurable blocks at the course level: changes can be made at the block level.
- In the report itself, I indicate the permission 'Anyone who can access the course'
- Strangely to be able to update the permission I had to indicate a condition as a combination of conditions; i have only one so I had to write 'c1 and c1'
- the at the block level, I gave permission 'block/configurable_reports:viewreports' to students ( it is maybe redundant with the setting above)
- Studends had already the permission 'moodle/block:view'

Ans it works like I wanted.

Th
Average of ratings: Useful (2)