Atto text editor plugin is messed up.

Atto text editor plugin is messed up.

د Paul An لخوا -
د ځوابونو شمیر: 3

I updated from moodle 2.3 to 3.9 (because of change in php version by my host) and the atto edior plugin is giving me a trouble. For example, I see the following in the HTML generated by atto:

<p dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;"> 

<h5 style="text-align: left;">

All those attributes were not generated in the older version. 

Then there are a lot of <span style="font-size: 0.9375rem;">  and <span style=""> tags being added to the document. 

Is there a way to tell atto to stop doing this nonsense?

Seriously, who makes changes to stuff that is working fine!

د درجې بندۍ اوسط: Useful (2)
In reply to Paul An

Re: Atto text editor plugin is messed up.

د Helen Foster لخوا -
د Core developers انځور د Documentation writers انځور د Moodle HQ انځور د Particularly helpful Moodlers انځور د Plugin developers انځور د Testers انځور د Translators انځور

Hi Paul,

For the reasons why dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;" was added, please see MDL-45227.

As for the span style="font-size: 0.9375rem;" it seems the problem has existed for a while - see MDL-67360. Please vote if you'd like it to be fixed.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Atto text editor plugin is messed up.

د Alan Kmiecik لخوا -
I've worked with many HTML editors on many different systems and gotta say, the Atto editor in Moodle is terrible.

Could not pick up the reasons for doing it in MDL-45227 but, is there anything out there to shut it off? It's killing me having to edit out all the extraneous code atto is putting in.