Atto text editor plugin is messed up.

Atto text editor plugin is messed up.

от Paul An -
Number of replies: 3

I updated from moodle 2.3 to 3.9 (because of change in php version by my host) and the atto edior plugin is giving me a trouble. For example, I see the following in the HTML generated by atto:

<p dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;"> 

<h5 style="text-align: left;">

All those attributes were not generated in the older version. 

Then there are a lot of <span style="font-size: 0.9375rem;">  and <span style=""> tags being added to the document. 

Is there a way to tell atto to stop doing this nonsense?

Seriously, who makes changes to stuff that is working fine!

In reply to Paul An

Re: Atto text editor plugin is messed up.

от Helen Foster -
Снимка на Core developers Снимка на Documentation writers Снимка на Moodle HQ Снимка на Particularly helpful Moodlers Снимка на Plugin developers Снимка на Testers Снимка на Translators

Hi Paul,

For the reasons why dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;" was added, please see MDL-45227.

As for the span style="font-size: 0.9375rem;" it seems the problem has existed for a while - see MDL-67360. Please vote if you'd like it to be fixed.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Atto text editor plugin is messed up.

от Alan Kmiecik -
I've worked with many HTML editors on many different systems and gotta say, the Atto editor in Moodle is terrible.

Could not pick up the reasons for doing it in MDL-45227 but, is there anything out there to shut it off? It's killing me having to edit out all the extraneous code atto is putting in.