Missing course contacts in frontpage courses after upgrade (Adaptable 2.3.2)

Missing course contacts in frontpage courses after upgrade (Adaptable 2.3.2)

by Craig Theunissen -
Number of replies: 4

Hi everybody

I'm checking an Adaptable upgrade from 2.2.2 to 2.3.2 (Moodle 3.7) and I noticed the course contacts shown in the frontpage course tiles on hover are missing since the upgrade.

I checked the settings under "Frontpage Courses List" and course contacts were set to show, so I unchecked them all and saved, then checked again and saved, but still no course contacts being shown unfortunately. Can anybody help?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Craig Theunissen

Re: Missing course contacts in frontpage courses after upgrade (Adaptable 2.3.2)

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
What's the value of the setting that states what tile types to use please?
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Missing course contacts in frontpage courses after upgrade (Adaptable 2.3.2)

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Scrub that, my changed code, on your test server, please patch with https://gitlab.com/jezhops/moodle-theme_adaptable/-/commit/3c6ca62fe0b26eb6376c13094f37fd539fb5244e and that should solve the problem - I know the patch is for the M3.9 version but in this case it should equally apply to 2.3.2.
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Craig Theunissen -
I'm using the default - tiles with overlay.
I don't know how to patch using commits, so I manually edited the two affected files, I hope that's okay.

The results, as well as previous :

Pre-upgrade course tile hover:
Screenshot

Post-upgrade course tile hover:
Screenshot

Post-patch tile hover:
Screenshot

In reply to Craig Theunissen

by Gareth J Barnard -
Thanks Craig, I've made some more improvements in the M3.9 version which will get backported and released at some point.