Not seeing "Upload a file option" when creating a new resource

Not seeing "Upload a file option" when creating a new resource

by Jordi Romeu -
Number of replies: 5

I have a problem. In a customers installation, the administrators are not able to upload files. If you go to any course page, edit it, and add a resource, in the resource page you can see the "Selected files" box. But there's no option to upload files.

On the files box, there's the "drag&drop not supported" message.

If you click the file button, you have different options: content bank, url download, server files, etc... But there's not the "upload file" option.

Have checked file permissions on moodledata folder, and checked plugins options to trying to find some misconfiguration. But can't find nothing.

Can you help me please?

Attachment Captura de Pantalla 2020-10-06 a les 10.56.04.png
Attachment S-està-editant-Fitxer.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jordi Romeu

Ang: Not seeing "Upload a file option" when creating a new resource

by Preben Pedersen -
Hi Jordi,

Seems like it might be disabled. Try and go to MOODLE_URL/admin/repository.php and make sure 'upload a file' is enabled.
In reply to Preben Pedersen

Re: Ang: Not seeing "Upload a file option" when creating a new resource

by Jordi Romeu -

Sorry Preben,

But can't find 'upload a file' or similar in /admin/repository.php.

It's moodle v 3.9.

I attached my file.

In reply to Jordi Romeu

Ang: Re: Ang: Not seeing "Upload a file option" when creating a new resource

by Preben Pedersen -
Ah sorry, i might not have been clear enough.

It is not the file you should be looking for, but the settings of your moodle environment through your webbrowser.

I don't know what domain your installation is not, but you just need to add '/admin/repository.php' at the end of it, to access the repository settings, fx http://moodle.org/admin/repository.php.

You can also click your way through Site administration -> Plugins -> Repositories -> Manage repositories.
In reply to Preben Pedersen

Re: Ang: Re: Ang: Not seeing "Upload a file option" when creating a new resource

by Jordi Romeu -

That's strange... but the option "Upload a file" has "Active and visible" on the dropdown.

In reply to Jordi Romeu

Re: Ang: Re: Ang: Not seeing "Upload a file option" when creating a new resource

by Beatriz Rojo -
The drag&drop option in the file picker has also suddenly disappeared from my site (3.9, Boost them, both in Chrome and in FF). 2 weeks ago I'm quite sure it existed.
@Jordi, I don't see any indication in my case. Can you write what does the question mark say?