Group messaging email notifications only arrive in single daily digest form

Group messaging email notifications only arrive in single daily digest form

by Brian Warling -
Number of replies: 0

In Moodle (3.8.5), the email notifications for PRIVATE messages are sent immediately. If I send a private message to a user, the email notification for it is received right away. But we've noticed that this is not the case for GROUP messages (in a course). For group messages, the email notification comes in the form of a single digest email. If I send some group messages, the email notification for these is received as a single digest email rather than as individual emails. (In our Moodle site, the "Messages digest mailings" schedule task is set to run at 10pm every night.)

It appears that group messaging email notifications arrive in digest form, while all other messages (i.e., private) are sent and arrive immediately. I can't find any settings that govern the delivery of group messaging email notifications (other that the schedule task mentioned above). Why are group messaging email notifications handled differently than private messaging; i.e., as a digest? Other than changing the frequency with which the "Messages digest mailings" task is run, is there any way to have group messaging email notifications be handled like private messaging email notifications? Is the way this works now by design, a bug, a potential feature, or and I missing something?

Thanks much in advance.... Brian

Average of ratings: Useful (1)