Logout on extensive course

Logout on extensive course

by Thiago Araujo -
Number of replies: 9

Hi everyone,

I have a very extensive course with 55 topics, when I log with mobile app , I am disconnected when accessing the course with message "Your authentication token is invalid or has expired. You have to reconnect to the site".

Anyone with this problem? How to resolve this?

Attachment IMG_4687.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thiago Araujo

Re: Logout on extensive course

by Noel De Martin -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi there,

I don't think the length of the course has anything to do with this problem, there must be something else going on.

Does this happen every time you log into the application or only when you open it again after a while?

In reply to Noel De Martin

by Isabel Renedo -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Adding to what Noel was mentioning, have you checked the Moodle App FAQs? Errors messages 4.13.3, 4.13.4, and 4.13.11 look relevant

by Thiago Araujo -
Just in this specific courses with large number of resources and activities, in another courses is normal.

Here is a video with the problem https://dubb.com/v/xpMNt5

Also I have check Moodle App FAQs and Moodle version is 3.8.1

by Noel De Martin -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

That looks like a problem from the server side, the token is invalidated when you enter that activity. The latest version of the app is 3.9.2, you can try to update it to see if anything changes, but it seems to be related with some configuration on the Moodle site.

It may be related with the token being used too much if the app is making a lot of requests. If you have admin rights you could try removing them to see at which point it stops working. I know it's tedious but nothing else comes to mind.

If you want you can invite me to that course and I can log in to look at the network requests, you can invite me using the email noel at moodle dot com.

by Thiago Araujo -

Hi Noel,

Thanks for your help, I wrote you an email with access credentials.

In meantime I will continue to search on the server side to see if I can find something

by Thiago Araujo -

Hi,

Here is the network erros. 

Is getting invalid token on core_filters_get_available_in_context

I have no ideia why getting a error on tool_mobile_get_public_config 😒

Attachment screen.PNG
Attachment screen2.PNG

by Noel De Martin -

Hi again,

I wasn't able to find the problem, but yesterday there was a new bug reported that may be the underlying issue. Check it out here: MOBILE-3571

by Thiago Araujo -
Hi,

I think It was a bug resolved in 3.8.5, after upgrade to this version the problem was solved.