Looking for an activity that allows users to simply add their name to a list - aka spreadsheet style view

Looking for an activity that allows users to simply add their name to a list - aka spreadsheet style view

by Chris Swinney -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I'm trying to find an activity that would allow users to self assign themselves to a group. There is the self-assign groups plug in, but I don't think this will really work for us in a work environment. We create paired working groups, and try (when we do this manually) to pair a techie persona with a non-techie person so that they can work through a techie lab. To do this we need the user to be able to specify their job role and if they consider themselves techie or not.  

I was thinking I really just want a simple list (aka spreadsheet type thing) where I have pre-defined the group names and user numbers, and that participant will add themselves to the list and select if they are a techie or non-techie. I have also looked at the Database activity, but this seem waaaay to clunky to be useful.

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Swinney

Re: Looking for an activity that allows users to simply add their name to a list - aka spreadsheet style view

by Beatriz Rojo -

Hi Chris,

I think you're talking about the plugin Group self-selection, right? I've been using it with some guidelines about the group formation (women and men, experienced and less experienced) and it works well. We correct the groups if required before publishing them. It's true that the courses were small (15 participants). Have you tried the plugin TeamUp? You can allow the creation of groups, based on a multiple answer questions survey, with possible restrictions.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

Re: Looking for an activity that allows users to simply add their name to a list - aka spreadsheet style view

by Chris Swinney -
Perfect, this is what I went with