Cron is stuck - how do I stop it

Cron is stuck - how do I stop it

Heather P -
Number of replies: 1

Hello

Using Windows Servers and MS SQL.

Moodle 3.8.7

We were having issues with the scheduled task to run the cron not starting because the previous task had not completed. Long story short I set the cron going from the command prompt. It seems to be stuck on 

Execute scheduled task: Award badges (core\task\badges_cron_task)

We tried to stop it and thought we had succeeded, but when I tried to set it going again it started at the same point - on the badges.

How do I end a cron set going from a command prompt.
I've tried ctrl C and restarting IIS.
I can't see it in the task manager - I suspect it is disguised as CGI / FastCGI and there are a lot of those.

Basically I'm hopeful that if I can get it to stop and then clean up trash dir it might all be well again, but I can't stop it.

Thank you

Heather

Վարկանիշների միջին թիվը. -
In reply to Heather P

Re: Cron is stuck - how do I stop it

Heather P -
Hi
In case anyone is looking for an answer to the same question.
Multiple hits on ctrl C did appear to stop it, but it was more like getting mad at the keyboard than a sensible ctrl C.
Another suggested option was Kill task from the tasklist option. I didn't try that and can give no further information.
Task manager and ending the task CLI may or may not have done it. I think it should have but didn't.

My personal favourite of a suggestion was reboot the server. Not exactly helpful on a production server in the middle of a working day, but looking at straw clutching that really should do it and seriously I might try it if it keeps recurring.
Regards
Heather