User Limits Moodle Cloud Plans

User Limits Moodle Cloud Plans

av Stefanie Burich -
Antall svar: 8

Hi, I'm trying to decide which moodle cloud plan might be the most appropriate for me and am not clear on what 'max users' means. Is that the number of currently active users? I understand that I can suspend users who no longer need access, so will they still be counted against that limit? Can I continue seeing information of suspended users from past courses, or will they be deleted entirely?

These are plans I'm referring to:

https://moodlecloud.com/app/en/?_ga=2.247390788.150636622.1601323116-1564104232.1601323116

Many thanks, and I would greatly appreciate any insights or links to more information. I wasn't able to find anything on this online.

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til Stefanie Burich

Re: User Limits Moodle Cloud Plans

av Hui Jillain -
No one got back to you yet? We have the same question about annual users or concurrent users as our students are in and out not staying. Thank you.

av Cameron 👨‍🦲🟥⚡️ -
Bilde av Core developers Bilde av Peer reviewers Bilde av Testers
Hi Stefanie,

Suspended users to count towards quota. If you're at your user quota limit you'll have to delete some existing users to make room for more (or upgrade to a larger plan).

Cheers,

Cam
Gjennomsnittlig vurdering:Useful (1)
Som svar til Cameron 👨‍🦲🟥⚡️

av Michelle Doherty -
Hi all - according to moodle FAQs suspended users don't count towards your user quota see: https://moodle.com/faq/why-cant-i-add-more-users/

That being said - when I suspended some users the number of users indicated for my account did not change.

I've logged this with moodle cloud support and will post an update once I have an answer.

Michelle
Som svar til Michelle Doherty

av Kelly Howell -

Dear Michelle,

We have set a limit of users for each MoodleCloud plan. 

In our new 'MoodleCloud plans' (these are plans purchased or upgraded after November 200 and have a xxx.moodlecloud.com URL) you are able to suspend users so they don’t count towards your quota, but you’ll still have their data and will be able to run reports on what they’ve previously completed. The suspend user feature has always been there but it's on the new plans we have been able to change the way the user count works to not count suspended users towards the user limit.

This means that suspended users will still count towards your user quota if you are on a Moodle for School plan or a lone of our older MoodleCloud Plans . If you are unsure what plan you are on, you can find out in your MoodleCloud Portal.

You are welcome to upgrade to our new Plans at any time, so that you can access this feature from your Portal.

We have updated the FAQ to reflect this information.

If you do choose to move from a Moodle for School plan to one of our new MoodleCloud plans, please note that the following features are no longer available:

• School theme & school domain (sitename.moodle.school)
  • MoodleCloud theme
  • Group Choice Activity
  • Level up!
  • Quizventure

However you continue to have access to xxx.moodle.school (it will just redirect to xxx.moodlecloud.com).

I hope that this helps.

Kelly

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering:Useful (1)
Som svar til Kelly Howell

av Marc Couture -
How exactly do you enforce quotas?
Som svar til Marc Couture

av Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Bilde av Core developers Bilde av Moodle HQ Bilde av MoodleCloud team Bilde av Plugin developers Bilde av Testers
Bonjour Marc,

The two quotas that are enforced on MoodleCloud are
* file storage: file upload are limited to files that do not bring the site above it's allocated storage limit;
* user accounts: once you reach the quota allocated to your plan, user creation features will be disabled (whether from creating a new account directly or bulk importing new users)

In both cases, the system sends notification emails to the site owner, when the site gets close to those limits.

Mathieu
Gjennomsnittlig vurdering:Useful (2)
Som svar til Mathieu Petit-Clair

av Marc Couture -
Bonjour Mathieu,

Thank you for your quick reply. I'm very interested in knowing technically how you are enforcing quotas, as this has been a pain to manage on our own servers. Anybody we could contact in the community who could point us in the right direction?

av Hui Jillain -
Users on MoodleCloud sites are anyone who has a login to your site, this includes Site Administrators, Managers, Teachers and Students. So they are current users (concurrent users) have access. We got our answers.