Outgoing Mail Name Issue or Support Name Issue

Outgoing Mail Name Issue or Support Name Issue

by Jai Bararia -
Number of replies: 4

Hello Everyone,

I am using moodle version 3.8 and adaptable theme. 

I am using Email-based self-registration and it is working fine but when I received a mail it shows someones on it which I want to remove 

example:-  From:  Jai Bararia (via site short name) noreply@site.com

So I want to rename Jai Bararia from it and I look for this so I found by filling support name field in Site administration -> server -> support contact

This Support Name field id empty and the default is Jai Bararia So I put my value in this field and save but didn't happen and So after that I found one another Method by changing this into the mdl_config table I did that also nothing happened.

My main issue is to change the name in registration link mail or any other outgoing mail.

So Anyone can help with this. Or Am I following the right direction or not?

Thank You

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jai Bararia

Ang: Outgoing Mail Name Issue or Support Name Issue

by Preben Pedersen -
Hi Jai,

The name comes from the main administrator of the platform at /admin/roles/admins.php.

You can change the name of that account, or alternatively make a manual user with the prefered name and assign it as the main administrator.
In reply to Preben Pedersen

Re: Ang: Outgoing Mail Name Issue or Support Name Issue

by Jai Bararia -

Hi Preben, 

Thanks for the reply, 

Just one question how can i assign the user as main administrator. 

In reply to Jai Bararia

by Renaat Debleu -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Site administration > Users > Permissions > Site administrators
Select the user you want to promote to main administrator and hit the "set main admin" button.
In reply to Renaat Debleu

by Jai Bararia -
Thanks Renaat,
But I guess this will not resolve my problem because I don't want to use any person named on the sender's email I want to have my site name on Mail. As shown in the image you see "from: Grammarly " I need to change that Grammarly into my site name.