Installing two bigbluebutton plugins

Installing two bigbluebutton plugins

by usy use -
Number of replies: 5

Hi everyone.

I have two bbb servers with different salts and addresses.

Bbb1.example.com

Bbb2.example.com.

I have a moodle website and a bbb plugin which is configured to connect to bbb1.example.com.

I'm planing to install other bbb plugin on the same moodle site and configure it to connect seperately with bbb2.example.com server. I'm using moodle 3.8+. 

Is there any way to install two bbb plugin on one moodle?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to usy use

Re: Installing two bigbluebutton plugins

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

You could certainly do it duplicating the BigBlueButtonBN's plugin, to create a second plugin, with independent settings.

Have a look at https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=254441 to follow advices.

You can certainly also find useful information in Dev doc : https://docs.moodle.org/dev

HTH,
Séverin
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by usy use -
thank you Séverin.
I'm trying for three days to follow the steps and duplicate BigBlueButtonBN's plugin. But I don't know what's wrong with the final plugin. I can't install it after changes. when I upload the zip file to plugin install directory, moodle uploads the file, flashes once but doesn't continue to validate the zip file.
this is the file I have modified. can you tell me what's wrong with it?

In reply to usy use

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

I think (but can be wrong) you'd better directly put your bigbluebutton2 folder in mod folder and go to Administration > Notifications.

Sorry i don't do development so wont be able to help much more.

HTH,
Séverin
In reply to usy use

by Hosain Behnudi -

#!/bin/bash
# Change  BigBlueButton Module Name.
# Module version = 2019042009
# Module release = 2.3.4
#
# If you do not have rename installed, install it first
# sudo apt install rename
#
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
find . -type f -exec sed -i 's/bigbluebuttonbn/liveclass1/g' {} +
find . -type d -execdir rename 's/bigbluebuttonbn/liveclass1/' '{}' \+
find . -type f -exec rename 's/bigbluebuttonbn/liveclass1/' '{}' \;
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
find . -type f -exec sed -i 's/BigBlueButtonBN/LiveClass1/g' {} +
find . -type f -exec sed -i 's/BIGBLUEBUTTONBN/LIVECLASS1/g' {} +
find . -type f -exec sed -i 's/BIGBLUEBUTTON/LIVECLASS1/g' {} +
find . -type f -exec sed -i 's/icon-bigbluebutton/icon-liveclass1/g' {} +

In reply to Hosain Behnudi

by Milad Mehrabi -

Hi

Thank you for your useful script

I did all of them and it works. but after installing both at the same time after upgrading database moodle would not show anything

If i install the plugin (liveclass1) without installing bigbluebutton plugin it works.

but if i try install it after installing bigbluebutton it would be completetly installed but after i continue the blank page will be displayed with url https://mysiteurl/admin/search.php

can you please help me on this?