How can I get a link / upload a file from a H5P activity I created via the black H5P activity button?

How can I get a link / upload a file from a H5P activity I created via the black H5P activity button?

by Ram Freedman -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I need some help regarding H5P.

I see that there is a plugin that enable me to add H5P as an activity to my moodle (the black logo)

There is also a blue logo activity that's based on the content bank and upload H5P files etc.

Also in each text based section there is another H5P button to add H5P activity directly to any text section:

While clicking on the above button I get a popup with an option to add H5P from file and or a link:

My question is - How can I get a link / upload a file from a H5P activity I created via the black H5P activity button?

Or is there another way to use the blue button and the H5P button in the text editor?

Thanks and regards,
Ram

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ram Freedman

Re: How can I get a link / upload a file from a H5P activity I created via the black H5P activity button?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Do you mean from the black button in the text editor? Click the "Browse repositories" button (as in your screenshot) and then choose the option "Upload a file".
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: How can I get a link / upload a file from a H5P activity I created via the black H5P activity button?

by Ram Freedman -
Yes,
But how can I get the files to upload?
I see that I can click on the black button on the text editor - but then I need to upload a file, But how can I get the relevant file to upload?
I can create an H5P activity via the blue button without a problem - but there is no way to add it via the black button in the text editor.
In reply to Ram Freedman

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Ram,

You need to first upload your h5p file to the Content bank and then you'll be able to choose it in the Content bank repository in the file picker.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Ram Freedman -
I will check it out.
Thanks.
In reply to Ram Freedman

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Ram, I think I may have misunderstood your question. Let me mention a few more things...

In your first screenshot of the activity chooser in 3.9, the blue H5P icon is for adding an H5P activity (standard in 3.9) and the black H5P icon is for adding an H5P plugin activity (which can be installed in versions of Moodle prior to 3.9).

If you have previously created H5P content using the H5P plugin activity, to access it via the black H5P button in the Atto editor, you need to download the h5p file. You can then upload it, either to the Content bank or, as Mary mentions, via 'Upload a file' in the file picker. The advantages of uploading the file to the Content bank are:

1. You can edit the H5P content in the Content bank
  2. You can share and reuse H5P content via the Content bank repository

Another option is to use the H5P migration tool to migrate existing H5P plugin activities to standard H5P activities.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Ram Freedman -
Hi,
Thanks for the extra information.
You mentioned that "the blue H5P icon is for adding an H5P activity (standard in 3.9)" - The question is how can I create such H5P activity to in the first place?

The workaround I found was to create a H5P activity directly in moodle using the black H5P icon (plugin activity) - then to download it as a file and than to upload it via the black H5P button in the Atto editor.

I guess there is a better way to do it - without creating the H5P activity downloading it and uploading it again - all in the same moodle.

Regards,
Ram