Error uploading to course Content Bank

Error uploading to course Content Bank

by Johan Kruger -
Number of replies: 4

I am trying to upload images to the Content Bank of my course but I get the error that the file type is not allowed. I have tried with JPG as well as PNG files. From what I can read, unless specific files types are specified under Plugins/Content Bank settings then it should accept all files type - but even if I specify IMAGE FILES under settings it still gives the same error. Running Moodle 3.9.1

Attachment 20200923_141915.jpg
Attachment 20200923_141929.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Johan Kruger

Re: Error uploading to course Content Bank

by Germán Valero -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
The content bank of Moodle 3.9 currently supports ONLY the H5P files for H5P activities.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Germán Valero

by Johan Kruger -
Thank you but I never chose H5P activities anywhere - actually I don't even know what that is. smile All I want to do is add a JPG image to some text I am displaying in my course - is that not possible?
In reply to Johan Kruger

by Johan Kruger -
It is now suddenly working adding the image to the course page content without giving any error!
In reply to Johan Kruger

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hello Johan,
as Germán indicates, the Content Bank is a functionality created to manage exclusively h5p activities. I think you could finally upload the file because you tried from a different resource or activity 🙂.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)