Edit students work

Edit students work

by Michael Flahive -
Number of replies: 2

It would be useful to be able to edit students work and make comments in the relevent places and send the work back to the student. Can anybody tell me how to do this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Flahive

Re: Edit students work

by Josep M. Fontana -
There is a non-standard extension for the assignment module called 'upload & review' that does just that. You just need to download it and install it in your Moodle.

Josep M.
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

Re: Edit students work

by Bruce Long -

I have been using a different solution. The instructor can open the written assignment by clicking on it. Whenever the instructor wants to add a comment s/he clicks in the document, hits ctrl-U (Mac cmd-U) to start underlining and types inline comments. When the instructor is done grading the paper, s/he hits ctrl-A (Mac cmd-A) to select the whole text, then uses copy & paste to put the commented paper into the comment box beside the grade. The underlining goes thorugh the clipboard so the student sees that as the clue that it is a comment. That leaves the student with the paper in its original form as submitted as well as the ability to read instructor comments in context.

I will look at "upload and review", though.

Bruce