Moodle keeps forgetting my password!

Moodle keeps forgetting my password!

by Marc Peeters -
Number of replies: 5

Hi all,

I installed Moodle earlier and I am facing a problem with 'manual accounts'.

At this moment we have 2 accounts created in Moodle and both of us have to chance our password every time we want to login (admin). When we do chance our password we can login, but once logged out we have to chance it again...

We also have 1 e-mail based self-registration user. This person does not have this problem. So it seems as if our Moodle only has this problem with admin, manual accounts... 

I have been looking everywhere for the solution but just ran out of ideas.

Kind regards,
Marc

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marc Peeters

Re: Moodle keeps forgetting my password!

by Colin Fraser -
Documentation writersನ ಚಿತ್ರ Testersನ ಚಿತ್ರ
Weird, for sure. If you have phpMyAdmin installed, open the Moodle database and see if there is a password in the Admin's account. Copy and paste the Guest password into it, then save, you should be able to get into Moodle using the password, "Guest". Log out then try again. If it works a second time, then create another user, using your password, copy and paste that to your Admin account, see if that works. It should, if Guest password has.
As to what caused the problem, I have no clear answer, but I suspect that in your initial setup, it might be possible that you have entered a restricted word as part of your password. You may also want to check the enrollment methods, make sure manual enrollments are accepted.
BTW, I don't use passwords as such anymore, but rather a phrase, like "HenryVIThefirstthingwedoletskillallthelawyers", no spaces, no punctuation.
In reply to Colin Fraser

by Marc Peeters -
I found the solution... It was a matter of telling Moodle to also accept e-mail adress as a login.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marc Peeters

by Rick Jerz -
Particularly helpful Moodlersನ ಚಿತ್ರ Testersನ ಚಿತ್ರ
Have you tried from different browsers or different computers? I wonder is the problem is with a browser or computer cache.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Marc Peeters -
I found the solution... It was a matter of telling Moodle to also accept e-mail adress as a login.
In reply to Marc Peeters

by Rick Jerz -
Particularly helpful Moodlersನ ಚಿತ್ರ Testersನ ಚಿತ್ರ
Interesting solution, and thanks for sharing with all. I learn something new every day.