Link to cookies page not working

Link to cookies page not working

by Aysenur Kazokoglu -
Number of replies: 12

Hi forum,

We have a new moodle Installation with Adaptable as Theme including some css customizing. On the login page we have the text Cookies must be enabled in your browser and a question mark next to this text. We are expecting, that the page  //help.php?component=moodle&identifier=cookiesenabledonlysession&lang=de opens clicking on the question mark. This page is available and opens entering the url manually in the browser. The Tooltip shows Help with cookies must be enabled in your browser. But the hyperlink doesn't work.

How can we activate the hyperlink?

Thanks for any support!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aysenur Kazokoglu

Re: Link to cookies page not working

by Train Learn Grow -
Hello,
did you solve this?
I have hidden the link using CSS - I'm not an expert but it seems to work and I prefer to hide it than have it not working.
#page-login-index .btn-link
{
display:none !important;
}
In case it helps,
In reply to Train Learn Grow

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
A screen shot and version information would really help!
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Train Learn Grow -
Hello,
the "?" icon hyperlink (below screen grab) does not work on click -
I'm running moodle "Moodle 3.10 (Build: 20201109)" and for Adapatable it seems "2.2.2
2019112603" if I looked at the correct place (plugins overview).
I saw this was discussed in 2016 for boost and mentioned the need to have the JS loaded on this screen - I'm out of my depth - just thought I would share
Great theme by the way!
Thanks,

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
? Why are you using version 2.2.2 of Adaptable on Moodle 3.10?  Its not designed for it.  Hence, probably why its not working.  As the tooltip works for me (Development Adaptable 3.0.3 on Moodle 3.9):

Attachment A_cookie.PNG

by Train Learn Grow -
Hi,
To be honest, I'm running 2.2.2 because it was never updated via the plugin overview - and I thought i would be notified for a need to update there, like for other plugins - but I guess themes are different.
I will look into updating it -
Any recommendations on the best way to proceed? Do I loose the customs CSS on upgrade?
I'm not sure if this applied to the situation of the original OP Aysenur Kazokoglu.
Thanks,

by Gareth J Barnard -
Every situation is slightly different, so I cannot say without wanting to be paid for my time on a 'consultancy support' basis, exactly how you should proceed because it would be a sequence of information discovery, thinking, responses, questions etc. Other than that, create a test server to be the same as you have now then do a test upgrade and find out for yourself. However, there is no version of Adaptable for M3.10 despite the current known differences being minimal. No commercial demand for such at the moment.

by Train Learn Grow -

Ok - thanks a lot.
I will look into it and try the test server.
Best regards,

by Aysenur Kazokoglu -
hi,
sorry, due to the holidays, i haven't seen the discussion proceeding. i think, my problem is similar. i am running the version 2.2.2 on moodle 3.9.1. in the meantime, i have set up a test server and have installed the new version of adaptable. popup regarding the cookies is still not showing.
best regards,
aysenur

by Aysenur Kazokoglu -
hi to all,
i can now reproduce the behavior. setting the footer hidden in the login page settings, the popover disappears sad

by Gareth J Barnard -
Its actually to do with the header or not being there.  Complicated and I can replicate.  Fix will be in projected version 3.0.3.